Tom is the co-founder of Ocean City Development, a real estate investment company based out of Boston, MA.
Tom’s unique lead generation methods have allowed him to transform from an accountant who had never done a deal in his life to a full-time investor who has acquired over 100 discounted properties in to fix and flip, wholesale and buy and hold without using his own money.
- Tom’s background and how he got into real estate
- The point in Tom’s real estate career when he had to ramp up and learn how to generate motivated seller leads
- Some of the methods Tom used for lead generation that did not work and what he learned from them
- The one thing that most people tell you when you’re first trying to generate motivated seller leads
- Why you should never rely on someone else to bring you a deal
- Spending your time on generating leads so that it’s the most efficient and biggest bang for your buck
- The top 3 marketing techniques that are working well in today’s market
- Tips for doing cold calling and why you need to learn how to do it right
- Some of the most common mistakes made when sending out mailers
- The importance of getting your cost per lead to where it needs to be
- Why you should be looking at areas of the market that are not being capitalized on and pursue those