Colby Amerine: Become a Better Entrepreneur
Colby Amerine is a 10 year former Firefighter, Real Estate Investor, NLP Practitioner, Public Speaker, and Coach of new investors and entrepreneurs.
As a firefighter/paramedic, his career was cut short with a devastating injury on the job. Fighting his way back through a grueling rehabilitation process, he lost 110 pounds and began inspiring others with his story. As each life challenge pushed Colby to the next level, despite the trials and tribulations, he never lost his sense of humor or compassion for others.
After recovery Colby needed a career change. He decided to try his hand at real estate. Partnering with a former firefighting comrade, together they launched a real estate company in Texas with the hopes of transforming mediocre properties into prime investments. Properties that might attract other commercial or residential investors and developers.
Colby Amerine is now doing development deals in Houston, Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles, New Jersey, New Orleans, and other distressed markets. With years of sales experience in multiple industries, Colby has negotiated thousands of transactions with great success.
- Why Colby’s physical injury caused him to reinvent his own future and enter the world of real estate investing
- How Colby learned the ins and outs of real estate and became successful in his new career
- What steps Colby had to take to recover from a huge setback when he worked with the wrong mentor early in his career
- Why finding a good mentor you want to emulate in business and in morals is the key to success
- How “Neuro Linguistic Programming” (NLP) can benefit you in business and in personal development
- Why mirroring another person’s body language and tone will help you build a rapport with them and open communications
- What strategies Colby has found most effective for real estate investing, flipping, and wholesaling
- Why it’s important to listen for unexpected opportunities and be prepared to take chances
- Colby’s advice for new investors just starting out in the real estate business
Get an Apple ID to subscribe and review the podcasts:
If you don’t have an Apple ID or have never used iTunes before you should first go to:
This will let you create an apple account.
Then download iTunes:
Look on the left hand side about halfway down the page for the Blue Download button