John Martinez | Useful Sales Tactics From Experienced Salesperson
Over the course of 20 years, John Martinez has gone from a struggling all-commission insurance salesperson, to a nationally recognized sales expert. Along his journey, John has held many sales-related roles… Account Executive, Sales Manager, VP of Sales, Sales & Marketing Director, and Corporate Sales Trainer.
John has completed over 4,000 hours of study on sales and how people actually make decisions…what REALLY drives them to take action. His approach to sales combines neuroscience, experimental and behavioral economics, and cognitive and social psychology.
Because research into decision-making behavior has become increasingly computational, he has also incorporated new approaches from theoretical biology, computer science, and mathematics. This approach to sales, using a combination of tools from multiple fields, avoids the shortcomings that arise from a single-perspective approach to sales.
This might sound complex, but John has boiled down everything he has learned into a handful of simple sales tactics, questioning strategies, and communication techniques. John has personally trained over 200 RE investment companies, hundreds of salespeople and acquisition agents, and has achieved amazing results. John is the go-to-expert in the field of REI Acquisitions & Sales.
Today, he works with the best-of-the-best in the REI Industry…the top 5% who are doing between 50 and 1,000 deals per year.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why closing a sale really isn’t selling
- The importance of uncovering someone’s why
- What a good sales conversation centers around
- The difference between selling & closing
- Why you need to believe in the product that you’re selling
- The value of finding out a person’s motivation & what personally impacts them
- Why follow-up is extremely important in sales
- The mantra that John lives by
- One of the best ways to build rapport
- How failure can sometimes lead to big success