Motivation Strategies | How to Unblock Your Road to Success
Mike Bundrant is the founder of iNLP Center. He is an NLP Master Practitioner, IANLP Fellow Trainer and retired psychotherapist (NM).
Mike became a certified NLP practitioner in 1993 by taking a 27-day NLP certification course from Western States Training in Salt Lake City, UT. Tim Hallbom and Suzi Smith were co-trainers then. He was certified by Michael Grinder after three days of watching him razzle dazzle the room, and he’ll never forget that.
He jumped right on master track at that point by going to Santa Fe, NM and taking a 21-day intensive from NLP Santa Fe’s Jake Eagle and Nelson Zink. What a meaningful experience! In fact, it was so worthwhile that he packed up and moved to New Mexico and joined the NLP Santa Fe training team to learn how to be a trainer.
That journey began in 1994. In 1995, Mike had the opportunity to develop our NLP training presence in Toyko, Japan. He does believe he was the first American to conduct a full-fledged NLP practitioner certification in Japan (at least he feels good when he tells himself that). Since then, Mike has designed and taught several NLP courses every year as a master trainer, and has been fortunate enough to teach twice annually in Tokyo, sponsored by the great Kazuhiko Umemoto of Team Medicine and supported by the world’s best translator, Nobuko Kobayashi. The programs he teaches in Japan were recently certified by IANLP.
He co-wrote a book that was published in Japan in 2007. He calls it Holistic NLP. It represents his unique approach to the field. He provides the digital version of it to my online students free of charge.
Mike decided to take the NLP courses and certification program he developed over the years online, developing the iNLP Center. His disappointment at how NLP is advertised and perceived has driven him to create an honest curriculum that doesn’t hype NLP or pretend it is “easy” and will give you magical powers. It’s a wonderful set of skills that is sure to enhance your life. Is that enough for you?
Because of NLP, Mike’s been fortunate enough in life to do exactly what he wants. He couldn’t ask for anything more. What takes up most of his time is his family. He lives in Murrieta, CA with his wife, Hope, and their children.
What is NLP? Listen in and find out!
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Mike’s journey to NLP & how he became a master practitioner
- Mike explains neurolinguistic programming (NLP) & how it works
- Why you keep falling into the procrastination trap
- How the way you think about something determines how you feel about it
- Why we choose a familiar misery over a foreign happiness
- Motivation strategies that do & don’t work
- How to actually achieve your goals and unblock your mindset
- Why it’s really smart not to hire someone if you don’t know how to hire people
- How once you know with clarity what your problem is, the options really open up
- Why you need to determine both what your goal is & what is getting in the way of you achieving your goals