Real Estate Investing Tips: California Rehabber Rolls BIG!
Real Estate Investing Tips
As the owner of Rehabs 2 Riches, Alton Jones has spent his life making connections. Right out of high school, he joined the Los Angeles Police Department and became a police officer. During that time, he had a lot of interesting experiences and met a variety of fascinating people. Now, 30 years later, he’s still a reserve officer.
In 1996, Alton joined Primerica Financial Services and became a licensed life insurance agent, eventually rising to the position of Regional Vice-President. A few years later, things changed. He saw families and good people experiencing tough times due to a bad economy and a terrible real estate market. If things had been a little different, it could have been Alton and his family in the same situation. He knew he wanted to help somehow, to give back. That’s what motivated him to earn his real estate license and establish West Coast Home Buyers, LLC., purchasing and remodeling homes to make them affordable for local homebuyers.
Working alongside his mentor, the legendary Ron LeGrand, 14 years of real estate experience taught Alton two things. First, rehabbing homes is a way to help others, giving them a chance to buy beautiful and secure homes. Second, by working hard and working smart, rehabbing can be highly profitable. These lessons led him to develop Rehabs 2 Riches, a series of real estate investing classes and real estate investing books designed to teach anyone how to seize the financial opportunity for themselves.
What real estate investing tips you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The “secret sauce” for financing investment properties without cash or credit
- Why it’s so important to have a system for identifying, locating, and qualifying potential investment properties
- Why any location won’t do and why some areas offer greater wealth potential than others
- Why “trust but verify” is an important concept for high-end real estate rehabs
- The importance of building relationships in this business (with real estate agents, contractors, private lenders, etc)
- Why it’s important to be selective in choosing properties rather than taking on every project that lands at your feet
- Methods Alton uses to get financing for high-end rehabs without going to his own creditors or coffers
- The lesson you can learn from Alton’s nightmare project
- Why choosing your contractors wisely matters and why choosing the wrong contractor may cost valuable time and money
- Investing in your education to make money in real estate
- Why Alton believes your success begins with a plan
- The importance of exposing yourself to the type of people you want to become, to achieve the success you desire
Real Estate Investing Tips – Owner Finance 101 Presentation
What Is Owner Financing – Episode 1: Who Is Mitch Stephen? Why is “Buy and Hold” a Myth? Why Owner Financed Properties?
Owner Financing Courses – Be The Bank: The Art of Owner Financing Mitch Stephen
Real Estate Investing Podcast – Real Estate Investor Summit Podcast Episodes
Real Estate Investing Seminars
Learn how to stop being a landlord and start being the back with the help of Mitch Stephen’s Real Estate Mentor Program!