The 3 Signs of a Con and More, with Steve Liang
Steve Liang is the co-founder and CEO of Real Estate IQ, a fast-growing software company focus on creating innovative deal finding and marketing solutions for the real estate industry. Steve is a national speaker on intelligence augmentation, and he is on the real estate advisory board of North Lake College.
He also co-founded the Real Estate Deal Finders Meetup, which hosts over 20 monthly real estate deal finding training all over Texas. His goal is to help real estate entrepreneurs reach their potential and achieve financial freedom.
Steve enjoys learning and experimenting on new things, and he is a voracious reader. On his off days, Steve loves experiencing different cultures through traveling and food.
Expertise: marketing, management, leadership, strategy, execution.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Steve’s company, Real Estate IQ, generates leads in Texas that have found over 35,000 distressed and motivated sellers
- How to get unlimited leads through REIQ’s monthly subscription service, doing the hard work of lead generation for you
- How Steve’s daily case studies can help you learn to evaluate a deal, determine its value, and construct an appropriate exit strategy
- Why running comps is an important skill you need to develop to get a better handle on your deals
- How to identify a con deal, and what to watch out for when a deal is “too good to be true”
- What challenges Steve recognizes inputting a new system in place, and why it is sometimes important to slow down and fix problems
- How to get set up with Steve’s daily case studies, a great learning opportunity to help you critique deals
- How you can use “force appreciation” by building additions to increase your potential profits in an investment
- Why the key to great deals is preparation and knowing where to look for the appropriate resources