Direct Mail Marketing | How to Market Your Business with Direct Mail
Joy Gendusa is an entrepreneur, business owner, author, established speaker and philanthropist. She is the Founder and CEO of PostcardMania, a rapidly expanding marketing company specializing in lead generation for small to large-sized businesses. With only a phone, a computer and direct mail marketing, Joy grew PostcardMania from a startup into an industry leader generating more than $49 million in annual revenue and employing more than 200 people in the Tampa Bay, FL area.
As a business leader, Joy has been awarded the Tampa Bay CEO of the Year, Entrepreneur BusinessWoman of the Year in Tampa Bay, and twice been an Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist. Her company, PostcardMania, has been named to the Inc. 500 and the Inc. 5000 lists and has helped over 73,000 small businesses with their marketing.
You can request free postcard samples from Joy’s company, PostcardMania
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- The story behind how Joy started her company, PostcardMania
- The various industries that use PostcardMania for direct mail marketing besides real estate
- Some of the setbacks and challenges that Joy has experienced in her business
- Promoting: how this really moved the needle for Joy’s business
- Helping small business owners learn more about marketing with twice-annual Growth Summit
- Joy shares some examples of successful campaigns they’ve worked on as well as results
- Why they are huge advocates of mailing several times to the same list
- The importance of hiring the right people
- The worst thing that has happened to Joy in her business and how she survived it
- Creating trust: your job is as a marketer
- The importance of hiring people that are smarter than you