Increase Employee Engagement | How to Create a Winning Culture
Harry Paul aka Harry the Fish Guy is an internationally sought-after speaker and author who is helping businesses and organizations create a culture of excellence and increase employee engagement. Harry believes people can to start to do positive things instantly–as in overnight! He delivers presentations clients describe as informative, content-rich, funny, dynamic, entertaining, memorable and that make a difference. Harry helps organizations reach their goals and increase productivity by engaging and energizing employees to give and do their best. He shows everyone how to enjoy what they are doing by getting excited about coming to work and working hard. Harry has shared information with and motivated audiences from India to Asheville, Bahrain to Raleigh, and New York to Singapore.
Harry is the co-author of seven business books including “FISH! A Proven Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results.” “FISH!” is one of the best-selling business books of all time with well over five million copies sold and is translated into thirty-five languages. His books have been on the bestseller lists of The New York Times, Publisher’s Weekly, Business Week, Amazon.com, and The Wall Street Journal. His latest book is “Who Kidnapped Excellence? What’s Stopping Us From Giving and Being Our Best.”
Harry served as a senior vice president for The Ken Blanchard Companies, where he personally managed the speaking career of Dr. Kenneth Blanchard, co-author of The One Minute Manager. There he gained first-hand knowledge in running all aspects of management training and consulting businesses including expertise in sales, distribution, product development and international operations.
Harry has shared his expertise and knowledge with companies and associations both large and small including some of the most respected organizations in the world including Pfizer, McDonald’s, Arthritis Foundation, KPMG, Cigna Insurance, Conagra, Kimberly-Clark, Party City, and Raytheon to mention just a few.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Creating an experience to make a business successful
- Motivating with trust, not fear
- Managing your people with values which will increase employee engagement
- Why you need to make sure that the people you hire have a similar value system as you do
- Creating a culture of excellence
- How practicing the ‘EAR’ model can lead you to be a better listener
- Why you need to recognize & appreciate when your employees do hard work
- Owning and fixing mistakes when you realize something is wrong
- Why you need to always be moving towards excellence