Diversify Geographically: All Real Estate is Local
|By November 1, 2018
Jason Hartman has been involved in several thousand real estate transactions and has owned income properties in 11 states and 17 cities. His company, Platinum Properties Investor Network, Inc. helps people achieve The American Dream of financial freedom by purchasing income property in prudent markets nationwide. Jason’s Complete Solution for Real Estate Investors™ is a comprehensive system providing real estate investors with education, research, resources and technology to deal with all areas of their income property investment needs.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why specializing in one type of property but diversifying into different geographic markets has been the secret to Jason’s success
- Which regional markets Jason has found success in, and why he struggles to choose a favorite market
- How market viability can change dramatically just by changing neighborhoods, and why it’s difficult to predict volatility
- Why “linear” markets are consistent and reliable income with stable risks and gains
- Why “cyclical” markets are highly volatile and fluctuating high-risk/high-reward areas
- Why “hybrid” markets are a mix of linear and cyclical markets, with illustrative examples of each type
- How tax cuts have helped Jason grow his business and hire additional employees, reinvesting in the economy
- Why high-end real estate growth is beginning to slow, and what that may mean for a potential future economic downturn
- How focusing on linear markets can help insulate you from loss during any slowing or receding economic conditions
- Why a stable economy or a recession helps to filter out bad actors and questionable morals in real estate
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Investor Summit Community: