Senna House Buyers | Finding Your Niche in Real Estate
Mat Trenchard earned an accounting degree from the University of Houston – Downtown. Right out of school, he went to work at KPMG as a public auditor.
He quickly found that his career path did not align with the vision he had for his life. Shortly thereafter, Mat realized his true passion was working with people and found an interest in real estate.
Following his position at KPMG, Mat went on to become the CFO of one of the top property management companies in Houston where he oversaw their accounting and finances. While Mat learned quickly how to analyze the numbers behind real estate investment, he wasn’t tapped into his passion for working with people. Mat joined Senna House Buyers in a sales role and found immediate success because of his ability to connect with other people.
He has a unique ability to think outside the box to find creative solutions to any type of situation. Over the course of the next couple of years, Mat continued to take on more responsibility and apply his unique skill set to help grow Senna House Buyers. He has proven to become an invaluable asset to the team and has become a partner in the company.
Mat enjoys spending time with his wife Shanna and son Aiden. He loves being outdoors and is an avid runner, triathlete and plays lacrosse for the Houston Heights Lacrosse Club.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Wholesaling 100 houses a year
- The obstacles and opportunities available with flood-damaged houses
- How some properties can reclaim lost value in just a few years after a flood
- The risk in Houston, TX where no one knows for sure what is going to happen with flood insurance after Hurricane Harvey
- Why you should always get flood insurance (and why you should sell a property if the flood insurance is so high that you don’t want to pay it)
- Labor costs: why Mat hasn’t seen a huge labor cost increase but why the demand may make it so for others
- Why lower value houses keep demand when the overall housing market decreases
- How Mat is able to wholesale houses in less than a month
- Using a coach to make sure you don’t make dumb mistakes that are easily avoided
- Keeping people in your organization motivated by paying based on commission
- Why you’re not going to become a millionaire overnight