Why a Pro Should Negotiate Your Commercial Lease
Craig Melby’s core mission is helping companies prosper by picking the best facilities and negotiating the best, most flexible lease terms. He has been an Investor, Lease Negotiator, Site Selector, Speaker, Author, and Entrepreneur for 35+ years.
Craig performs commercial lease consulting for clients nationwide, and his companies provide unmatched resources and advice for facility expansions, relocations, lease extensions and other Facility/Landlord issues.
Craig has been in the commercial real estate industry for more than 35 years and currently holds the industry’s top designation: Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM). He is also a former member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR).
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How to begin on the path of commercial real estate investing
- Boosting your profit and return by identifying the right site for your business
- How to move your business from your garage
- The differences between a residential and commercial lease
- How to negotiate tenant improvements with landlords
- Why properly negotiating early on will lead to tremendous benefits later
- How to avoid running out of time while building out your property
- Why it may be beneficial to have a professional negotiate on your behalf