Postcard Power!, with Joy Gendusa
Joy Gendusa is an entrepreneur, business owner, author, established speaker and philanthropist. She is the Founder and CEO of PostcardMania, a rapidly expanding marketing company specializing in lead generation for small to large-sized businesses. With only a phone, a computer and postcard marketing, Joy grew PostcardMania from a startup into an industry leader generating more than $49 million in annual revenue and employing more than 200 people in the Tampa Bay, FL area.
As a business leader, Joy has been awarded the Tampa Bay CEO of the Year, Entrepreneur BusinessWoman of the Year in Tampa Bay, and twice been an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist. Her company, PostcardMania, has been named to the Inc. 500 and the Inc. 5000 lists and has helped over 73,000 small businesses with their marketing.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Joy started PostcardMania out of her home in 1998, with just her phone and computer
- How PostcardMania mails out 3.5-4 million postcards per week, or over 182 million per year, across many industries
- What challenges Joy faced early in the life of her business, and how she overcame them through perseverance
- Joy shares a success story of a real estate investor who got more than a 3000% RoI from a campaign with PostcardMania
- Why Joy’s executive team has been with her for more than 10 years on average
- How to join Mitch Stephen’s Mexico vacation and talk business with other real estate investors
- What Joy attributes the tremendous success of her business to, and how a lack of formal education didn’t hold her back
- Why negativity is prohibited at PostcardMania, and why Joy surrounds herself with people who are better at different areas of business than she is
- What was the worst situation that happened to Joy’s business, and how she overcame the challenge
- Why it’s important to increase a potential lead’s trust and affinity they feel for you incrementally